Vision & ESLR
Monterey High School strives to graduate responsible, independent, and productive citizens with strong critical thinking and academic skills by providing a rigorous, comprehensive curriculum in partnership with community, family, and a competent staff in a safe and caring environment.
Monterey High School’s dedicated teachers focus on providing a quality educational experience to all students. Monterey High School has a rich tradition of outstanding student achievement and provides a sound, standards-based education, while promoting high moral character of all students.
Through dynamic, engaging learning experiences and collaborative partnerships within our diverse Coastal community, the Monterey High School staff ensures that each student will attain the intellectual, social, and personal knowledge to succeed as they face challenges of the future.
Expected School-Wide Learning Results (ESLR)
Academic Achievers will be measured by the following abilities:
· Demonstrate proficiency or better on all State, National, or AP Standards in all subject areas.
· Demonstrate higher order thinking skills for analyzing, synthesizing, and applying information for developing solutions to problems.
· Use appropriate technology for multimedia learning to gather, process, and communicate information.
Collaborative will be measured by the following abilities:
· Work and socialize effectively with others in a variety of settings.
· Demonstrate an awareness of the world’s various viewpoints, belief systems, and cultures.
· Use effective leadership or team skills within groups.
Self-direction will be measured by the following abilities:
· Exhibit study/work habits that include regular attendance, punctuality, and effective time management.
· Develop personal goals for educational, vocational, and creative pursuits.
· Work independently when needed to complete assignments.
Participants will be measured by the following abilities:
· Follow the curriculum and the procedures required for the classes and the school.
· Contribute time, energies, and talents in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities to develop personal ties to the school and the larger community.